Get to know Nigma Talib, ND
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Nigma Talib, ND is a Naturopathic Practitioner based in London. She is also the founder and owner of the West Vancouver Wellness Centre in British Columbia. She has served on the examination and quality assurance committees to the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia. In addition, Nigma is a key note lecturer for various nutraceutical companies, where she educates hundreds of practitioners in natural and alternative health medicine globally. Nigma has been awarded by the Princeton Global Professional and Business Leaders in recognition of her work as "a pioneer and leader to the Naturopathic medical profession and to have provided immeasurable contributions to healthcare."
Nigma believes in educating the public about everyday health issues that affect people's quality of life. She gives the public the knowledge to enable them to help correct their own health issues through the application of cutting edge dietary, supplemental and functional laboratory testing guidance. Nigma has been interviewed and has written for many well respected magazines, radio and television shows in pursuit of educating the public about the safe and effective uses of complementary therapies.
With more than 15 years of experience in the complementary therapy field, Nigma encompasses all the modalities of Naturopathic practice: Acupuncture/Applying principles of Chinese medicine, botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, homeopathy, and lifestyle counselling, that allow the patient to attain personalised remedies at both her medical centres in Canada and the UK.
In addition, Nigma's incorporates specialised, innovative laboratory testing along with standard testing.
Nigma's expertise in Naturopathic practice, her familiarity with leading edge diagnostic laboratory testing, skilful assessment of her patients and successful implementation of personalised protocols makes Nigma a heavily sought after speaker and educator, not only by various healthcare practitioners, but by the media and general public worldwide.
To create a personalized approach utilising the forefront of today's complementary therapies through an individualized protocol. The day's of "one size fits all" is incongruent with an evolving and ever changing health care model that Nigma Talib recommends for optimal health. Bringing preventative advice to the forefront of health care will allow practitioners such as medical doctors, naturopathic practitioners, pharmacists, and chiropractors to work together as a team in the pursuit of attaining personalized care and individualized approach to patients for better healthcare outcomes thereby saving billions of health care dollars and improving the quality of life of patients.
- 2007 - Certification in Prolotherapy
- 2006 - Certification in Mesotherapy
- 2006 - Certification in Myofascial trigger point therapy
- 2006 - Certification in Neural Therapy
- 2003 - Certification in Chelation Therapy
- 2001 - Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, CCNM, Toronto, Ontario Qualified as a Naturopathic Doctor which incorporates training in the modalities of naturopathic medicine. The title of Doctor is not recognised in United Kingdom and is not granted under the authority of the GMC. My credentials can be found under this link www.ccnm.edu.
- Certification in Acupuncture, Toronto, Ontario
- Certification in Advanced Intravenous Therapy
- 1996 - BA General Studies, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2012-Present: Owner and Medical Director Healthydoc LTD Body Works West (London, England)
- 2012-Present: Medical Director of the Center for Balanced Health (New York, NY)
- 2009-2011 Clinician "The Bowskill Clinic" (London, England)
- 2008-Present Practioner and Founder of the West Vancouver Wellness Centre
- 2008-Present Naturally Splendid Advisory Board
- 2008-Present Ovus Advisory Board
- 2002-Present Advisory Board Member for Alive Magazine
- 2007-2008 Bing Han Ginseng: Medical director/Advisor
- 2005-2008 Medical Director and Practitioner for West Vancouver Wellness Centre
- 2003-2005 Adjunct Clinical Instructor - The Boucher Institute
- 2003-2005 Adjunct Clinical Instructor - The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- 2001-2005 Clinical Director/Consultant Can Labs (Great Smokies Laboratory/Genova diagnostics)
- 2001-2005 Clinic Director of West Vancouver Naturopathic Clinic Examiner for the Examinations Committee for the College of Naturopathic Medicine
- 2001-2008 Member of the Quality Assurance Committee of the College of Naturopathic Medicine Board
About Juliana Bernardes
Juliana is a Naturopath and wellness expert based in London. With a passion for nutrition, a sharp focus on the latest scientific research and with her practice firmly rooted in the Functional Medicine model, Juliana is dedicated to sharing her knowledge and expertise to help clients improve their health, achieve their goals and develop sustainable habits to live a healthy and balanced life.
Following a background of comprehensive training in various bodywork modalities, Juliana has undertaken extensive academic and scientific training. She holds a first class BSc (Hons) degree in Naturopathy from the University of Westminster, from which she was granted 4 awards for academic excellence, and is currently pursuing an MSc in Personalised Nutrition from Middlesex University as well as an advanced diploma in Nutritional Therapy Practice from the prestigious Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM). She is fully insured, a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapies (FHT) and a student member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Management (BANT), the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) and the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM).
In contrast with the current 'one size fits all' approach that is so prevalent in the current healthcare paradigm, Juliana takes into account the bio-individual needs of each client. From the knowledge that we are all unique, she uses cutting edge functional diagnostic laboratory testing in her clinic to develop personalised protocols, which include achievable dietary, supplemental and lifestyle guidance. Juliana uses evidence-based scientific research to support her work and understands the importance of keeping herself up to date with the developments in the nutrition field.
As well as running her private practice at Healthy Doc, Juliana is part of the nutrition team at Grayshott Medical Spa and is a lecturer and student clinic supervisor at the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM). Juliana is an enthusiastic practitioner, known for her engaging style and always optimistic approach.