Dr. Nigma Talib, is a Naturopathic Doctor based in Los Angeles, California. She is also the founder of Healthydoc clinics previously located in West Vancouver and London, England.
She is an author of a best selling book “reverse the signs of ageing” and “ younger skin starts in the gut”. Her passion for creating quality and science based supplements and skin care has reached consumers internationally and started in Net a porter being one of the first pioneers to introduce vitamin supplements to the fashion industry.
Her work in the past supporting her profession and colleagues has been demonstrated through serving on the examination and quality assurance committees to the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia.
Dr. Nigma has lectured all over the world and to name a few she has appeared is a key note lecturer for the “In Goop health” seminar(s) and podcasts as well as business of fashion and functional laboratory education, where hundreds of practitioners in all walks of medicine unite globally.
Dr. Nigma has been awarded by the Princeton Global Professional and Business Leaders in recognition of her work as "a pioneer and leader to the Naturopathic medical profession and to have provided immeasurable contributions to healthcare."
She gives the public the knowledge to enable them to help correct their own health issues through the application of cutting edge dietary, supplemental and functional laboratory testing guidance. Her goal is that educating by educating the public and the wellness world about the root cause of illness where modification of genetic expression is possible to allow for optimal health and well-being versus is a one size fits all model.
Dr. Nigma has been extensively interviewed and has written for many well respected magazines, radio and television shows in pursuit of educating the public about the safe and effective uses of complementary therapies.
With more than 17 years of experience in the complementary therapy field, Dr. Nigma encompasses all the modalities of Naturopathic practice: Acupuncture/Applying principles of Chinese medicine, botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, homeopathy, and lifestyle counselling, that allow the patient to attain personalized remedies.
In addition, she incorporates specialized, innovative laboratory testing along with standard testing.
Dr. Nigma's expertise in Naturopathic practice, her familiarity with leading edge diagnostic laboratory testing, skillful assessment of her patients and successful implementation of personalized protocols makes Nigma a heavily sought after speaker and educator, not only by various healthcare practitioners, but by the media and general public worldwide.
To create a personalized approach utilizing the forefront of today's complementary therapies through an individualized protocol. The day's of "one size fits all" is incongruent with an evolving and ever changing health care model that Nigma Talib recommends for optimal health. Bringing preventative advice to the forefront of health care will allow practitioners such as medical doctors, naturopathic practitioners, pharmacists, and chiropractors to work together as a team in the pursuit of attaining personalized care and individualized approach to patients for better healthcare outcomes thereby saving billions of health care dollars and improving the quality of life of patients.
- 2007 - Certification in Prolotherapy
- 2006 - Certification in Mesotherapy
- 2006 - Certification in Myofascial trigger point therapy
- 2006 - Certification in Neural Therapy
- 2003 - Certification in Chelation Therapy
- 2001 - Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, CCNM, Toronto, Ontario
Qualified as a Naturopathic Doctor which incorporates training in the modalities of naturopathic medicine.
- Certification in Acupuncture, Toronto, Ontario
- Certification in Advanced Intravenous Therapy
- 1996 - BA General Studies, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2012-Present: Owner and Medical Director Healthydoc LTD Body Works West (London, England)
- 2012-Present: Medical Director of the Center for Balanced Health (New York, NY)
- 2009-2011 Clinician "The Bowskill Clinic" (London, England)
- 2008-Present Practioner and Founder of the West Vancouver Wellness Centre
- 2008-Present Naturally Splendid Advisory Board
- 2008-Present Ovus Advisory Board
- 2002-Present Advisory Board Member for Alive Magazine
- 2007-2008 Bing Han Ginseng: Medical director/Advisor
- 2005-2008 Medical Director and Practitioner for West Vancouver Wellness Centre
- 2003-2005 Adjunct Clinical Instructor - The Boucher Institute
- 2003-2005 Adjunct Clinical Instructor - The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- 2001-2005 Clinical Director/Consultant Can Labs (Great Smokies Laboratory/Genova diagnostics)
- 2001-2005 Clinic Director of West Vancouver Naturopathic Clinic Examiner for the Examinations Committee for the College of Naturopathic Medicine
- 2001-2008 Member of the Quality Assurance Committee of the College of Naturopathic Medicine Board